Friday, April 1, 2011

Sometimes I Wish I Lived In An Airstream...

I know it is only 1:28 and the number of songs I have yet to listen to today is many, but I wanted to go ahead and pick a song of the day. (And mainly because I am at Borman right now and half of the office is gone in Vegas at the ACM awards and have nothing better to do, haha) So anyway, in light of the ACM Awards, today we will have a country artist. I was looking over a magazine here overviewing the ACM awards with nominee's and whatnot, just talked about the show and events around it. It also talked about the hosts. Blake Shelton will be joining Reba for the hosting duties. This. Will. Be. Funny. I haven't been into award shows to much lately, probably because there seem to be a million in the country genre specifically, but looking at this magazine made me excited for the show! And I know you might be thinking, Amy, we don't care...but then again, not sure why you are on here in the first place...and i digress. So anyway, Miranda Lambert was in this magazine and after thinking about it, she is really the only country album I still have on my ipod. In my change of music taste in the past few months, manly country tunes have been deleted, and mostly just because they were old stuff that I had already grown tired of for the sheer amount of time they have been on my ipod. But one country artist out of all that has the most songs present is Miranda Lambert, which is kind of surprising. I realized today how much I really do like her and her music and I really hope she wins female vocal of the year Sunday night at the ACM's. But forward bound! Whilst sitting here at Borman one of her songs came on my ipod I hadn't heard in a while and it used to be one of favorite songs! It is entitled Airstream Song. I love the little instrumental at the beginning, it is calm and a little soothing and I like the instruments...but then it picks up the pace a little and from here I appreciate the lyrics. I love the lyrics of this song! I agree with pretty much all the words. Well, enough rambling about the song, i'll let you enjoy it for yourself!



Sometimes I wish I lived in an Airstream
Homemade curtains, lived just like a gypsy
Break a heart, roll out of town
‘Cause gypsies never get tied down

Sometimes I wish I lived on a mountain
Drank from a stream instead of a fountain
I’d stay there, top of the world
But I was born a red dirt girl

Unbridled or tethered and tied
The safety of the fence or the danger of the ride
I’ll always be unsatisfied

Sometimes I wish I lived by a pier
In a lighthouse with a chandelier
I’d watch everybody’s ships come in
And then I’d sail away with them

Unanchored in the storm
Or safely on the shore
If this is all I need, why do I want more

Sometimes I wish I lived in an airstream
Homemade curtains, lived just like a gypsy

So there you have it. In honor of the ACM's, Miranda Lambert, and the only country album I still enjoy, haha.

Update:
If you are extremely bored and care to read about my take/interpretation/feelings toward the song and lyrics, it can be viewed here>>. Or, if  you are viewing the blog and not just this specific post...you passed it to get here and just need to look/scroll up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...