Friday, April 1, 2011

This goes with my previous post...

Time for an explanation. Since I am back at the front desk, to keep myself occupied, I decided that I'm gonna post less about useless things (like for example the whole first paragraph of the previous update) and talk a little more about why I like the song I posted and/or what I'm getting out of the lyrics. Now, I know no one cares but, at this point, I am just doing this for my own entertainment, haha. So here it  goes:

This song is great at painting a picture in my head, a place I want to visit and how I want to live. With even the opening line the song gets me hooked, "Sometimes I wish I lived an an airstream." Seriously though, how fun would it be to travel around the country living in an airstream! If not for your whole life at least for a summer, season, month or so. And then the next verse, which I might like even more than the first, "Sometimes I wish I lived on a mountain drank from a stream instead of a fountain, I'd stay there, top of the world." Can I get an amen! If someone would tell me to picture my dream house, if I could live anywhere I wanted, I would picture a log cabin-esk (?) house/cabin in the mountains by a creek. That my friends, is like heaven for me. (I really hope there are mountains, waterfalls, sunsets, creeks and nature in heaven...I mean, I know God wouldn't disappoint, but those are just some of the most beautiful things to me.)

And then comes the theme of what would be a chorus: "unbridled or tethered and tied, the safety of the fence or the danger of the ride i'll always be unsatisfied." The more I think about this the more I like and appreciate it, especially at this point in my life. My college career is slowly coming to a close as I am drawing nearer and nearer to my senior year where soon I will be forced to get by in life without the title of "student" as your fall-back. I am a person of many interests. Even within this semester I have gone back and forth with what I want to do after I graduate. ...if I can even find a job. Unbridled- finding a tour to work on (probably as the merch person to start off) and if I can't seem to find a job, I've even thought about finding a job on Cool Works for a season at a resort somewhere, who knows, i'm young, I don't really have a career yet, so why not? Thinking about possibly getting involved with the tv and film industry (although that would require a relocation to California I believe so, that is way up in the air.) Tethered and tied- finding an office job or being stuck working at a food job here in Nashville where I know I at least have a somewhat steady paycheck. As much as I want to work in the music business, I don't really want a normal job for a company where I am in an office all day. So for these lines of this chorus (kind-of) that is what I think about...my future. The safety of the fence or the danger of the ride...and the more I think about what I want to do and where I go, the more I realize I will probably always be unsatisfied. I feel the relatability of "If this is all I need why do I want more?"  (well...maybe at least until I find a steady job that will would let me be unbridled...? haha, i don't know) But that's life and i'll just ride it out.

Sometimes I wish I lived in an airstream, homemade curtains lived just like a Gypsy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...