Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Smell of Home


You know those places and houses that have their own distinct smell? I remember growing up going over to my friends house (Savannah) and always knowing the smell of their house, I loved it. I know it sounds really weird, but even if she left some article of clothing (a jacket or something) in the locker room or in the classroom I, along with fellow students (I felt I should add that to sounds a little less of a creeper) would always be able to distinguish it was hers because of how it smelled. I never really thought my house had a smell and one day someone told me they liked how my house smelled, like it had a family smell...that scent was reserved for the Ergle household. I still couldn't really notice anything...until I left. After moving out, now every time I walk in the door for the first time during a break, that smell is there to welcome me home. It doesn't really last or standout as much during the rest of my stay, but that first greeting with home again always takes me back. You might be wondering why in the world I am writing about this now, but it isn't so far out of the blue, i promise. Here at school, I tend to wear a lot of the same things...i always pack and have more clothes than I actually need. So I pulled out a shirt that was kinda in the back of the drawer that I haven't worn yet for my p.j's and I smell my house. I can close my eyes, smell my shirt and it is just like I am walking in the door again for the first time after a long break. I just thought it was pretty funny how even though it has been a month and a half or so, the smell has still stayed. Well, I realized I haven't been updating as much recently and thought I could write about something other than my tv/music obsessions and my concerns about the future so, there ya go! ...I also thought this photo was funny of the welcome mat outside our house with the withering flowers. I'm pretty sure this photo was taken at least a couple of years ago but i wouldn't be surprised if that plant was still sitting around somewhere, haha. Hope everyone's had a good weekend! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...