Monday, September 26, 2011

Long time no update (kinda)...and I like to ramble.

It has come to my attention that I haven't posted in a while...the reason being I have nothing worthwhile to say but, I can hear you telling yourself "that has never stopped her before" and you are correct. But I thought I would add a little love to my blog and update. Here's all I got:
  • I want to cut my hair...mainly because it is still really frizzy and there is nothing I can do with it, even the hair products my meme gave me can't tame it. I feel if I cut it, there will be less hair to manage and get frizzy. (nothing to crazy, like shoulder length)
  • I am a huge procrastinator, like terribly so, but today and recently it has become especially bad with stuff for school...and mainly because it is reading..and also because it is for school. For example: 
    • I need to have to page 195 of Invisible Man read by Wednesday and I am only on page 151...however, I am proud that I have been keeping up with the reading schedule so far and have managed to even read that many! 
    • There is a book we need to read for my marketing of recorded music class called Hit Men. We don't even talk or do anything with this book in class so I find it kind of pointless, but we have to be reading it and taking quizzes online. They are all due October 21st. I think there are around 36 quizzes or so. I have only just read half of the first chapter...and I am really unmotivated to read anymore. I mean, I am already behind on Invisible Man! There is only so much reading my little pea brain can handle!!
    • Also, i'm sure there is a bunch of other stuff for school I am not doing but, I try to block it all out from my brain to not think about it. (bad idea)
      • just remembered, I need to be working on a paper for my African American history class. I should be e-mailing the teacher a topic to do it on sometime this week. It needs to be on integrating Invisible Man into other topics we have talked about in class and in the text book. (we have 3 texts that we are reading at the same time for that class...like I said, a lot of reading) And the whole paper is just making me more resistant to working on it because it just sounds like a lot of work and reading. 
Well, now that I have bored you with my boredom of school these days...I shall bore you more about whats been picking at my brain this week. (well, it is only Monday but, I always have a lot on my mind, haha)

Ever since I saw pictures and then set foot out in the Pacific Northwest I fell in love. It is, in my opinion, the prettiest part of the country I have seen. Is is so outdoorsy, and pretty, and full of creeks, and waterfalls, and pretty trees, I mean, I could just go on and on. So anyway, waaay back in the day when I was obsessed with Taylor Swift (oh gosh, God help me...my poor little soul, haha) I made a little group of friends online that were Taylor fans too. We all had myspaces and stalked Taylor and then became friends...i dunno, after seeing each other on taylors page so much? I don't even know anymore, haha. But anyway, so there is this girl and her name is Caitlyn. She is from the UK and we would message back and forth. We were friends for quite some time but you know, people get lives and myspace, well, is that a thing anymore even? haha. Well, we are friends on Facebook and I saw where not last summer but the summer before she came to America for the summer to work at a girl scout camp in Washington. I saw all of her pictures and got extremely jealous. It looked like a lot of fun and come on, the views and scenery were incredible! So this past summer I messaged her and asked about her experience and whatnot, she loved and highly recommended it. I actually thought about applying but, i'm sure my parents would have shot down the idea so, i just let it be. Anyway, I see again this summer where she is coming back to America and is going to be going to the University of Oregon. Because of the new Facebook changes, I am now seeing more of people that I normally didn't see updates from and she's been updating pictures from her time there so far. Today she uploaded pictures from her weekend where her and a group of friends went hiking and saw great waterfalls and beautiful trees. Anyway, it made me jealous. Jealous that she lived so close to all the prettyness (I just made a new word, deal with it) and that even though I did the same thing this weekend, I had to drive 2 hours on the interstate to get there...and it wasn't even as pretty as where they were!! So anyway, I have been thinking a lot lately that I reeeeally want to live out in the Pacific Northwest at some point in my life before I die. Not sure when, for how long, or what I would be doing there...but enjoying nature I suppose!! So anyway, there you have it and now you know. There is one of the places I must return. 

I know this has already been fairly long and boring so I won't type about anymore topics, but as mentioned above I did go hiking this weekend! Although I went at it alone (in Amy fashion) it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed myself. It was to a place 2 hours south west of here called Fall Creek Falls. It was great, I could literally stay in a 50 ft radius around a creek and be occupied for hours with my camera. (which is almost what happened, haha) So, here is a pic for your viewing pleaser. Keep an eye out for a whole album coming soon to Facebook. Thanks for reading and have a lovely week!!
...ok, I decided to add two. sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...