Thursday, September 8, 2011

Internship season is in full swing and you know what that means!

Well, well, well. It has been quite some time. This good ole blog and I got to know each other quite well this summer, but I seem to have abandoned it for the past month. (Actually, come to think of it, I think my last entry was EXACTLY a month ago today...or at least that is when I was flying home from Regina. Man, how time flies.) Anyway, I would say I could fill you in on what has happened within that month but, i'm sure most of you have seen my Facebook at least once in that time and pretty much are caught up...for the most part.

As you could guess (well, unless you followed this blog way back in February-May) I tended to always update when I was interning. Last semester I'm sure it might have been frowned upon, but this semester at this internship, completely different story, so I don't have to feel bad about it! For those who might be unaware, I am interning this semester for a music supervisor, Rick. I go into some offices for a mastering company where Rick has all his cd's kept in their basement, and just enter the cd's into iTunes, just that simple. Yea, I might not be learning to much but, in all honesty, i am learning just as much here pretty much than I have at 2 of my other internships so, i'm not concerned. Also, there is something else i've kinda been working on. Let me inform you.

When I was searching for internships for this semester, I heard about Ten Out Of Tenn looking for an intern and thought that would be great. Well, I sent in my stuff, never heard back, end of story...so I thought. Well, I get an e-mail from the girl last week asking if we (whoever sent stuff in to intern originally I guess) would still be willing to help out. Since I have a lot of free time now (which I am most certain I will talk about in a future entry) I told her that I could still help out, even though I do already have another internship. So she was grateful and said she would hook me up with another girl that could delegate tasks out...Sarah. So I get an e-mail from Sarah, e-mail back and forth, and she gives me some stuff to do in preparation for the tour that is coming up in a week or so now. She then says their tour manager will most likely be needing some help and she was going to give him our e-mail addresses. So last night I get an e-mail from him, end up going over to his house and met up with him, Sarah, and another chick to work on some stuff in preparation of the tour (he has just gotten back from being on the road with David Barnes) So anyway, we are over there until around 11 or so and didn't quite finish everything (well, I finished my part, then went on to help the other girl, haha) so I ended up finishing the rest of what didn't get done last night today after class. I'm glad that they over at TOT ended up reaching out and I decided to help. It is not only some more contacts that I get but it also has been keeping me a little more busy...which is always a good thing. Not sure if I would be able to add this as an internship on my resume, but I think looking over contracts and putting together tour books is good experience. So anyway, that is what has been going on intern wise lately...which I think no one knew about...up until today when I filled my mom in. So the tour managers name is Seth and I know he is crazy busy right now, but I think I might ask him if he wouldn't mind telling me when it gets a little less hectic how he got started and whatnot, cause I still think tour managing would be interesting...I mean, a lot of work, but fun nonetheless...at least that is what I guess. I also realized more tonight during my marketing of recorded music class where I want my future career to head...or not head, but I will spare you for now and save that for a later post, haha.

Well, not sure if anyone cares or is even going to read this but...it's kinda been good reacquainting with my blog. Thanks if you made it this far! Man, you are one of a kind!! haha.

Update:
Also, I want to change my title of the blog for this semester. Any ideas are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...