Saturday, April 14, 2012

I move slow and steady, but I feel like a waterfall

Earlier this week I bought a new album from the band Of Monsters and Men. I had only really heard one of their songs (Little Talks) but I really liked the sound so I previewed their album on iTunes and quickly made a purchase. One song, however, was giving me trouble when i tried to download it. It said file corrupt. I had to go a few days with this song in limbo, but eventually I had someone else download it on their computer and just e-mail me the song. Turns out, this song is now my new favorite. I really love this whole album. The sound is just great. Some of the lyrics are really artistic and the meaning can get lost for me with the awesome sound and my dimwittedness, but this song in particular has great lyrics as well as the great sound that I cherish in all their songs, so I figured it would be appropriate to post on here (since, after all, lyrics are heavily featured on all my music posts) So anyway, if you feel so obliged, I would definitely at least go preview their album on iTunes because it is great. But for now I will leave you with this gem, called Slow and Steady. And my new favorite.



the lights go out, i am all alone
all the trees outside are buried in the snow
i spend my night dancing with my own shadow
and it holds me and it never lets me go
i move slow and steady but i feel like a waterfall
yea i move slow and steady past the ones that i used to know
my dear old friend, take me for a spin
two wolves in the dark running in the wind
i’m letting go But i’ve never felt Better
passing By all the monsters in my head
and i move slow and steady But i feel like a waterfall
yea i move slow and steady past the ones that i used to know
and i’m never ready cause i know, i know, i know that time won’t let me show what i want to show
and i move slow and steady but i feel like a waterfall
yea i move slow and steady past the ones that i used to know
and i’m never ready cause i know, i know, i know that time won’t let me show what i want to show

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...