Friday, April 20, 2012

This is what I wanna dooooo!

I am writing amidst my film fest high right now!! I just got done working the film fest tonight and it was such a good time!! I only worked as an usher (collecting tickets, handing out ballots, and whatnot) but it was such a fun night! There were 2 of us manning each door right across from another door and it just so happened where the staff were set up was also right next to our doors, so with the four of us at the doors all night and staff randomly jumping in, it made for well a conversed shift! It was so awesome to be around a group of people that love film as much as I do! Not only the people I was talking with but everyone attending. Everyone loved and appreciated film and being able to see the actual directors from the movies there and introducing the films it was just exciting...not to mention some of the actors as well. I specifically talked to another girl (who is also graduating from Belmont in 2 weeks) across from me for a while tonight about how awesome it would be to work on a movie and how now is the time to at least try succeed. Not only her, but the other guy across from me, and a random guy who actually worked on one of the films jumping in the conversation in encouragement of me working on a film as a PA...even a feature film. It encourages me a lot when especially people in the business are encouraging like that, which has happened at least a couple times recently. For example I haven't mentioned this anywhere but I met up with one of the location scouts for the "nashville" pilot that filmed here in Nashville for a little while and she was way encouraging! As well as another girl from the art department who also worked on the pilot (and graduated from Belmont.) Not only am I encouraged when people in the biz encourage me, but when I can help and encourage others. On two separate occasions today I had people ask me how I did it...had all the information I did and the contacts I had already made. It made me feel like I was already a step ahead in the business that people were now asking me for advice. It was kinda cool. But anyway, now I am just about to go on a website the box office gave me to see if I can get some more free tickets for the festival! But I just wanted to come on here and get out all my excitement! Can't wait to continue this journey into the film world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...