Saturday, April 1, 2023

Hello Again

 Holy Cow. I COMPLETELY forgot this website/blog ever existed and during my current unemployment, one thing led to another and here we are!! 

To be honest what brought me back here (other than unemployed despair) was my seeking of an old document I started years ago (but somehow after my latest post on here, which leads me to believe I had already forgotten about this website then) which I started just in case I felt the need, IN ALL OF MY WISDOM, to start a book, lol. I mean, I don't mean to toot my own horn but there is some good stuff in there! Anyway, it led me to my (also forgotten) old tumblr which led me here! I will admit i've gone through and read some of my old posts and what a journey, haha! (Still can't believe this thing dates back to 2011) 

Now you may be thinking (you aren't), Amy, go back real quick to that part about you writing a book. Way back when (maybe 2018??) I thought I had some insightful things to say so I started a little document titled, 'a book' you know, just in case. But what I realized is most of the things I had written down in there were more like a journal entry.....unsurprisingly, like this exact platform I am writing to you now. It's like I forgot this website existed and my soul knew I still needed some form of escape from my brain so I started that doc not even remembering I had already started this platform AGES ago! The crazy thing is, earlier this morning I was over there writing in this what I had newly titled a 'journal' instead of 'book'. I do think some of those entries still might be a little too personal, or embarrassing, or raw, but maybe down the line i'll transfer that 'book' over here to this blog so those words won't go to waste. 

Because i'm Me, I do believe everything happens for a reason and I think I was meant to stumble upon this blog again. It has actually been so crazy to go back and re-read some of the posts i've made and i'm pretty happy with my younger self for going on this little literary journey. In this current age where the only thing you present to this world is a picture that goes away after 24 hours, or if they are really important ones pictures that you post forever or a sentence on FB or 140 characters on twitter, but sometimes that isn't enough to release the thoughts swirling in your head. I went back and looked at the subtitle on this blog- A glimpse inside the happenings in my head. Apparently I had so much to say when I was younger. 77 posts in 2011, 27 posts in 2012, 17 in 2013 and so on. Less and less posts as the years go by. I'd like to think it's because I was getting smarter and there were less ominous things happening in my head, and supposedly i'm a grown up now and we don't overshare, especially on the internet. But I think i'm going to challenge myself to start writing on this blog again. I doubt anyone will read it, but if nothing else and I forget again in a years time that this space exists, I can see what I had to say in April of 2023. 

I think I MAY even just start this next chapter of blogging by going back and sharing my very first 'book' entry from my "not a blog blog post" haha. The thing I am kind of longing for a little bit in this....i'm not gonna call it an experiment...my re-introduction to blogging, is- do y'all remember or did you ever have Xanga? Man that was the SITE when I was in highschool. Honestly, it served us well I think. The thing I loved about it was that is wasn't just a blogging website, everyone had their own and were constantly commenting on each others blog entries and it was a little community. You were able to REALLY KNOW how people were and how their week was, not just by knowing what they were up to by seeing one picture they posted with emoji's as the caption. oooh but that was a different time. And now i'm rambling, but for no one in particular because like I said, (did I even say this?) we are ADULTS now so we are way too busy to be reading rambling blog posts anymore, that was for high school, haha. 

I digress. I'll wrap this up so I can go jump into year 2011 and see what young 21 year old me had to say. Should I post these to Facebook? Will anyone read them? Does anyone care? Do *I* care? I'm just gonna be over here writing things until someone in the film industry decides to work again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...