Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I've Been Waiting For You, To Pull Me Through

Well, it has been about 2 weeks, but I've not had much to say...well, nothing new at least. But, I was listening to this song today and it had a lyric I really enjoyed. You see, i've always loved lyrics. It's hard for me to listen to a new song without reading along with the lyrics, because for me, the lyrics are everything...well, for the most part, ha. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some songs with just a catchy beat and nothing to the lyrics, but, there is just something about a song that if i can connect with the words, i will like it. So anyway, I recently started to write down on the notes application of my ipod any lyrics that I really liked while listening to music. My list at this point isn't very extensive, but it will forever be a work in progress. So anyway, not to copy my great friend Annie (found here: http://agpartay.blogspot.com/) but I think i'm gonna start posting songs along with their lyrics. And today, although I have listened to a lot of music, I will post the song that first made me want to start this new little subject matter. And the song: "Violin" by Amos Lee.




Lately I, I've been headed for a breakdown
Every time I leave my house
Well, it feels just like a shake down
Between the street sweepers and the pushers, or the lawyers
Who may as well be butchers
Between the small timing hustlers who all seem to feed upon each other

[Chorus]
Oh God why you been
Hanging out in that old violin
While I've been waiting for you, to pull me through

Lately I, every time I try to lie down
Oh, my mind just gets away
I can't even close my eyes now
Between the big fish and ambition, and the lovers
Using words as ammunition
Between the warped planks I've been pacing, and this
Impossible dream that I've been chasing. 



[Chorus]
Oh God why you been
Hanging out in that old violin
While I've been waiting for you, to pull me through



Now, I know these aren't the most uplifting lyrics but, it fit my mood at the time I was listening to it. And it could be because I feel like crap now with the little cold I seemed to have caught, the impending projects that I should be working on now (one of which, I give my presentation in the morning...great) or a combination of all these things but...that's just how it is. Actually, now that I think about it, those ^ really aren't the root causes of my connection to this song, I probably would've posted it regardless. So anyway, today I present to you Amos Lee...love this guy. 

1 comment:

  1. Ive never heard of amos, prob since i spend most of my waking hours in a hospital. I'm glad you posted this, glad to hear it cause i like it, and glad to hear your feelings. Tyler and I talk about making a trip to Nashville to visit, i hope it will actually happen some time :)

    ReplyDelete

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...