Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lets Give Them Something to Talk About

Well, i'm updating again so you know what that means, phone time at Borman! haha. And I was just thinking, I really do need to start picking topics or soomething interesting if I am going to continue this whole "blog" thing because honestly, who cares about my ramblings of doing nothing...that is assuming if anyone reads this anyway, which is highly doubtful. So, give me time to think of some topics I can write about other than my boring life and ridiculous thoughts and i'll get back to ya. In the mean time...that's all i've got, haha. So here it goes:

Yesterday I updated my Facebook status about being unmotivated and nothing could be more true then that  statement. Here is what I have to do for school: write a blog update reviewing a book I was supposed to read over spring break (due tomorrow), have a rough power point and outline due for a group project (also tomorrow)...oh, and about cloud computing nonetheless. I have researched and read about this topic and still am not 100% sure what exactly that all entails, haha. So anyway, another book I was supposed to read over break Things Fall Apart. The test for that is Thursday which will be followed by a group paper written on the book and a movie we watched in class. I was reading the summary of the book on sparknotes and in just that amount of time I got bored and have no idea what the book is really about. All I know is there are dozens of Japanese/Chinese/I don't even know what names so naturally I couldn't follow along if I tried...which I did...kinda. But I guess that is basically it for school, which just thinking about it now is already getting me depressed, haha..well, not really, but kinda. I mean, it isn't thaaat much but, just let me wallow for a minute. And one of the reasons, I believe, that has helped in my feelings of unmotivation, my new terrible addiction: Tumblr.

Now let me just talk for a minute about Tumblr.

Good ole Sammy convinced me during Christmas break I believe to finally jump on yet another social media bandwagon. I was very reluctant because honestly, who needs another social media site? Not I. But I did anyway. Basically, you go on there and "reblog" pictures or, new vocab word "gifs," which are just like little video clips, 1-3 seconds without audio. People talk to each other (if they know one another, I on the other hand don't know anyone, so I just observe and reblog) but anyway, it is quite fascinating. After searching some topics I came across this big group of Grey's Anatomy fans...awesome, just the people I need to get to know/study (I know that sounds weird)/observe and ask questions about for the third year writing class. So, that has worked out well except for one slight downfall. They have sucked me in. I am following all these people whose life is Grey's Anatomy on tumblr and I can barely keep up! haha. And I can't close down my computer until I know I have looked at everything that I've missed from the day...and I must admit, I share many of their feelings/concerns/whathaveyou. So here I am at whatever time of night, 12:30, knowing if I am up that late it better be doing all that work mentioned above ^, yet, I am on Tumbrl...and I can't. get. off. But, this iiis research my semester long ethnographic study, right? haha. Well anyway, I won't go into too much detail but, let's just say Grey's has been on a 3 week hiatus so far and these people are going insane.  Now that's all I have to say about that.

As I know no one has read it this far because i'm sure you got bored somewhere up there. (I mean, the final reader count till the bottom has got to be prettyyy low when you only start out with 1, 2, maaaybe 3 readers to begin with, haha.) So I guess I will stop this nonsense, although i'm sure I could go on much longer since I do still have another oh, maybe 30 minutes up at the front desk...then back to doing nothing in my little corner of an office in the back, haha. Oh you people. bye.

(this wasn't originally going to be included in the blog so, don't feel the need to keep reading unless you are like me and are extremely bored at the moment)
....oh, and I really didn't know if I should include the whole Tumbrl stuff because Tumblr, for many, is where they go to reblog how they are feeling at that moment. It's a way to get your emotions out without actually have to talk about them. I saw someone do an update (I can't remember exactly) but something along the lines of: The worst news you could hear: I found your tumbrl. then had a "gif" of Mrs. J making some shocking face...it was quite funny but also kinda true. I don't post tooo much stuff on there in relation to what's goin on in my crazy noggin', because like that one update ^ I don't want anyone saying that to me, haha. But I think it is good to have a place where you can post whatever you want and not have to worry what people will think/ask about. So, hence to reason for my hesitense to mention I even have one buuut, since I know no one reads this, I thought I would be pretty safe...and also because I don't post anything I wouldn't want people seeing, because it is after-all, public, haha. So anyway, there was just more of my rant about Tumblr...dang, I kinda want to go on now and check up on everyone! haha ;) but, we'll save that for another time, I mean, this iiiis Borman's computer. ha.

UPDATE:
Dave, yes, the member of Lady Antebellum just called....I answered. Yep. successful first celebrity "run-in" at Borman. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...