Friday, August 5, 2011

Thursday August 4, 2011

Hellooo to my 3 readers…if you are even still there : / haha! Not to much different going on today. As I was taking my daily cleanse, I was thinking about what I could write for tonight…if there was anything new or noteworthy today, because at first thought, there wasn't. Then I figured I could talk about a song I had heard while counting the last pick-up (which I still probably will do) but then I realized I do have a smidgen piece of information. Well, I finally got an e-mail back from the woman at Revolution Pictures and we set up to do our Skype interview tomorrow at 3:30 central time (so 2:30 my time) And I must say, I am kinda nervous. Not sure why, I mean, I guess because it is an interview but…especially because it is with a film company and I don't have any experience (really) with anything like that so, I don't know what they will think of me or what they will ask. But anyway, i'm sure it will all go well and work out how it is supposed to. I haven't heard back yet from 10 out of Tenn when I sent in my resume to them so, I don't know what is going on there…I know they posted they needed an intern on twitter so maybe they have a few to go threw first? I think I might prefer interning for 10 out or Tenn more than Revolution Pictures but, I know I would enjoy both i'm sure. I guess kinda a lot has changed future career wise for my in the past year or so. I mean, not tooo much, but just a little more uncertainty. I always knew I wanted to work in the music business and thought artist management would be ok if I couldn't be a tour manager (which is what I originally wanted to do upon my departure to Belmont) But now, after my internships, i'm not to sure I really want to work for an artist management company. (…actually yea, I don't. But I guess that is a good thing I figure that out now other than getting a job somewhere and realizing it isn't what I expected.) As my college career is winding down and people are asking me what I will be doing after I graduate, I kinda have never been more uncertain, and that kinda scares me sometimes (but only sometimes because I am doing a terrible job of thinking far enough into the future to try to figure out how to get a specific job I want.) I think it still holds true that the thing I really want to do is be on a tour, and I know starting off as a tour manager just won't happen, so I shouldn't even set that as my goal upon graduating…but figuring out how I can at least get on someone's tour. The bad thing about it though, is that also throughout the last couple of years my music preferences have changed a lot and I would actually prefer not to be on a big country music tour. I quite enjoy the smaller more intimate shows better with a smaller crew…and more specifically the singer/songwriter style. And this is where 10 out of Tenn comes in and why I would want this internship. I'm sure if you have been reading the blog I might have mentioned 10 out of Tenn who are basically 10 singer/songwriters out of Nashville that tour together…I think that if somehow I can get connected in with that group I could AT LEAST get some good contacts. But, they have yet to contact me back yet, which brings me back to Revolution Pictures.

Revolution Pictures is a company that produces music videos (mostly for country music artists I believe, not positive…and big names at that…which is actually kinda a turn-off, but also is really good in its own right) After realizing i'm not sure I would enjoy just any job in the music business, I went back to my original career thought of working in tv/film. …which is partially the reason why I really wanted to do Belmont West this year in LA but, that fell threw so, I guess it just wasn't supposed to happen…and I hope God has better plans for me in Nashville! haha ;) So anyway, before even thinking about the music business thing and Belmont, I was thinking I wanted to work in film. I even remember when I was a senior in high school when Mom, Aunt Lori, Hannah and I went to a Keith Urban/Carrie Underwood concert in Jacksonville and we passed a semi with the NBC logo on it. As it passed I took a picture and added as a caption when I uploaded it to Facebook (I will work for them some day) So I guess I wanted to do that even before music business. I really quite enjoy making all my videos on my laptop and shooting videos and doing photography and editing the photo's so, I didn't think film would be too far of a leap. I know everyone in my family would probably be opposed to the idea but, if there was anyway that after I graduated and I hadn't found a music job in nashville or anywhere but applied for a P.A job for some film company or tv show, I would really take it. although that would mean moving to California (and now you understand the family not being happy part.) I would absolutely LOVE getting up and going to work on a TV or movie set…for others, maybe they wouldn't find as much joy, but I think it would be a lot of fun! So, if I find myself jobless in May and a company is looking for a PA or a new crew member who knows, maybe i'll be moving to another sunny state. So anyway, although Revolution Pictures does music videos, it is still film and would be able to give me much needed experience around professional camera's, sets, and just film in general. So I guess there you have it…all the stuff that has been going threw my mind for the past…hmm, year regarding my future. I heard a song tonight (the one mentioned above in the first little part ^) that I hadn't heard in a while which kinda got me thinking about the future again, yet also a little scared at the same time knowing that probably neither of these things will work out for me. I have actually talked about and posted this song once before on this site but, since it is relevant to the rest of the post and my life, I will post it again. It, of course, is by Missy Higgins. I love the video that I have because it has some explanation at the beginning and I think the explanation is perfect. This song/scenario is one of my fears…that May will finally come and it turns out to be nothing like I had planned or expected. That I find myself standing there with a diploma, finally, but nowhere to go. That all these dreams and thoughts and fantasies I made up in my head were only there, in my head, and will never actually become a reality. BUT, in Amy fashion, I only think about it for a short period of time because what do I care, it is only August and all of this will be going down in May so, I still have time. (I am a great procrastinator.) And with that, I go back to my own little world where somehow everything is going to work out and I will either be on a tour or working on a set in possibly a year from now…because I like it better there (in my head) it's funner and less stressful than reality.

And with that I have written a novel that absolutely NO ONE wanted to read…or in my case, stopped reading a quarter of the way through i'm sure. So I shall leave you with my song I will be singing in May because i'm almost certain that will be my exact predicament. Until tomorrow night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...