Thursday, June 23, 2011

Friday June 17, 2011

Phew, the carnival has officially started! I am pleased to say I am just crawling into bed at 1 (which I guess isn't to late actually) and boy can my feet tell it's day 1, haha. But, in spite of my feet being a tid bit tired, today was a good day! Getting started was a little fast passed because the fair opened at 12 when some had originally thought 3, so there was speed walking around going to booths and getting/making signs for people. After we opened I was able to chillax for about an hour and I finally got to catch up just a LITTLE bit on the Casey Anthony trial which I had been following thus far in Florida. I do kinda wish I could still watch all that stuff cause it all seems so interesting but, oh well, moving onward. So I get back from my break and I ended up doing 3 pick ups tonight…well, i'm not sure what exactly they are called but, I go around and get everyone's aprons, take all the money out, count it, write it down and enter it into the computer. We have hmm, well, we will count the games together. Short, Pool A, Pop A, Baskets, Tubs, Long, Pool B. So, 7 games. Now, I know you might not be following my terminology so let me explain. Short= the smaller/shorter of the 2 basketball games they have. Pool A= the pool tables where you call a pocket and hit the ball in. Pop A= one of the dart games where you try to pop the balloons. Baskets= trying to throw softball like balls into the baskets tilting sideways slightly. Tubs= same thing as baskets but with tubs. Long= this would be the larger/longer of the 2 basketball hoops. Pool B= (See Pool A). So there you have it, those are all the games I go around to to collect the aprons and count money. Now, I would go through the names of all the people that work at said booths but, that would be a rather long list of people i'm sure you wouldn't know, and also I haven't gotten 100% of the people's names down yet, ha. But, I will say, Claude (pronounced cload) is one of my favorites (and he thinks I look like CJ…and for that, I will take it as a compliment; for CJ, I do apologize, he really didn't mean it, haha.) Anyway, I was also able to chat for a minute with Sadae when she had no one at her game (she was at the baskets) (OH, and ps. Claude was at Pop A) and she's nice. She is one of Piper's friends (Piper= future room mate who won't come until Calgary.) But anyway, I guess this has been more than enough for tonight, i'm sure anything else I could add will be mentioned eventually. So, here's to falling a sleep with the sound of a nice little storm that just started as I closed the door to my room. Here's to another exciting tomorrow. Until then…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...