Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday June 29, 2011


Well, we finally made it to Banff and I am sitting in the castle of a hotel (fairemont) and it is huge, and old, and gorgeous. I could probably get lost in here for days…although I hope I don't because the mountains here are awesome!! It is literally so pretty, and there is snow on the top of the mountains. ah, just gorgeous. So I'm not exactly sure the plan for tomorrow, I know Emily wants to go horse back riding but, I guess we will just have to wait and see. I think we are just playing it all by ear this weekend, which makes it even more exciting, haha. Although I think we might take the bus down to the city and talk around and go to all the little shops (you know, it's one of those cute little touristy towns, haha) And, by the way, as we were walking back to our room we heard a guy getting out of a car say "that was the biggest candy store i've even been to!" (well, Buni heard that and told me which, is probably not a good idea to say to me, haha…now thaaat is a place I would volunteer to get lost in for days! haha) Oh, and yea, it is really cold! So good thing I brought my pants, long sleeve shirts and north face jacket!! haha. So anyway, way, we got into town tonight hmm, around 7, finally found our room (the elevator skips the 16th floor so we have to go to the 17th floor, walk down the hall and take the elevator down on an elevator made just for the 16th floor, how crazy is that?! haha!) This hotel literally is insane! (And I wasn't kidding about the castle, I think it used to be one…and looks like one from the outside.) Anyway, so we dropped our stuff off, got dinner, went to find the pool which had then closed, explored arrant the hotel finding our way back to our rooms, I watched a little of the food network and caught up on all things Casey Anthony via Nancy Grace and now I am updating for you lovely people. And there you have it, the basics of the day. I will definitely keep updated as to the happenings of tomorrow but i'm sure it will be beautiful none the less (even though it is supposed to rain.) So, until then...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds just perfect Amy. I can totally picture you with that great Lombard crew! When will you be back? I will be in Florida the last few days of July/first few in August.

    ReplyDelete

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...