Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunday June 26, 2011

Well, well, well. The first carnival is officially finally over. I am getting done a little earlier than I thought…although I am the only one done and everyone else is still breaking down their games. It only 3:23 and I'm not too tired. I've got to say though, there have been many times throughout this week when I thought to myself: I love people…or this person or that person that works here. One thing memorable about today was Nathan. Let me tell you about Nathan. He is a little mexican looking guy (?) I dunno what nationality he looks but, i dunno, that doesn't matter. Well anyway, he stutters a lot when he talks and I can only even understand him about half the time. Well I will sitting outside the office one morning waiting on Buni and so was Nathan. He was our worker that didn't work at any of the games but whose only job was restocking (blowing up balloons, basketballs, ect.) Well anyway, so Nathan and I got to chat for a good 10 maybe 15 minutes and God bless the guy. I was able to learn a bit about him and I enjoyed our little talk. Since then he would always come up to me and just talk for a minute or so…telling me the same thing 5 times but, I didn't care, I wanted to hear him anyway. So onto my story (haha! that wasn't even what happened this morning I'm meaning to talk about, haha.) So I go out of the office to wander around and he walks up to me a little sad looking and starts talking. He said he was just feeling very sad and how he needed to get out of this town (oh I know the feelin' Nathan) and then he just starts crying. I felt so bad, like I just needed to give him a hug or something…and I aaalmost did but, I didn't want to frighten him, haha. So I asked him what's got him so sad and listened to him talk for a little bit…stood there in silence for a little bit, but hopefully not an awkward silence, just a silence that let him stand there for a minute and not have to talk and also maybe not feel alone. So anyway, one of his concerns was that he really wanted to travel with us to Calgary but then I heard he wasn't going to. Although last I heard form Nathan tonight he told me Randy said that he could go and work for a ride (?) although that isn't with or through us so, I don't know how reliable that is. But, I hope it's true anyway. I'd like Nathan to be able to go to Calgary. …and I know it's big but, if he does end up going I hope I run into him again. I don't expect anyone to be reading these, but if there is anyone out there that is, include Nathan in your prayers tonight. I'm not exactly positive what all is going on in his life but, if he was shedding tears this morning, he's got something on his mind and a little prayer never hurt anybody! One thing that I did learn from him that I will share with you is that he is…either 60 or 90 days sober, which I told him was good. He got out his keychain and you could see the little key chains they give you for each month, you know, 30 days sober and whatnot. He said he just got his last key chain last month and I think he said it was 3 months? But it might have been shorter. Anyway, I guess that's enough about Nathan but, it was on my mind so, I thought i'd share. Well, i'm positive there are more stories from today I could share (like Ronnie asking me again if we could go out) but i'm not trying to write a novel here. I hope everything is beautiful where you are! I don't know when i'll be able to upload this seeing as we leave tomorrow for Calgary and we won't get there till Wednesday and then we leave Wednesday for Banff too (!!!) but, oh well. Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...