Friday, July 8, 2011

Thursday July 7, 2011

Alright alright! Today was a wonderful day! The Stampede has officially started! The midway of course opened 6 hours earlier than posted (like it did in Winnipeg, so I don't know why I am surprised anymore, haha) So like normal opening day is hectic with getting things organized, in please, and ready to open. We have 8 games going this fair instead of 7 in Winnipeg as well as little tickets we collect other than many for the games and these little things called COSCO dollars, yet don't say that anywhere on them, just like, the stampede somethingrather…aaaanyway! haha So, needless to say, pick-ups and counting takes longer here than in Winnie. So, on to bigger and better news, tonight for dinner Buni and I ran over to this steak sandwich place…like a philly cheese steak with the nacho cheese cheese on top and sauteed onions…oh my gosh it was good. But the best part…they are good friends with the owners so we got it for free and went in the back and they talked/joked around for a while…he said come by anytime! ;) And then we went into the building with booths and whatnot, the first thing of course I see is Uncle Nick's cookies! Oh my. But we went in there to get these backpacks with the Calgary Stampede on them and filled with different goodies (like the stuff they put in the lunch boxes when you buy them…anyway, I just looked threw mine and I will be enjoying it the next couple of days! haha) But, one coupon he gave us was for this cookie place, I was like dang yea I want that! haha, Buni was like (get this) oh well you won't need that anyway, we can get them for free, we play Minnisota (or some other northern US state) with them. haha! Sooo, guess who will be getting home made cookies this week? This girl riiiight here :) So yea, the food topics alone today were just marvelous. One more item on the agenda for tonight was my little blogs name. I was just thinking last night how I might want to change the name. …i'm sure it might not have made sense to some people who have stumbled upon this blog and as to why it is entitled "Any Day Now" Well, I used to use this blog to update a new song everyday, kind of like what I was feeling or liking that day, and one of my all time favorite songs is by Missy Higgins and it is called Any Day Now, I could relate to what it was saying, and so it stuck (well, I did at first go back and forth between that and "If I'm Honest" which might have made for a more understandable title to a blog but, oh well, I digress) Anyway, since I am not blogging my songs now a days, I was thinking I might want to change it so something more…relevant to this summer. But here is/was my resistance, I would just feel terrible taking down a Missy Higgins lyric (I am mildly obsessed with lyrics) So as I was taking my shower I was thinking of some lyrics, or anything really, that would be good to change the name to. If you have watched the video I made of Banff, you have heard (and probably didn't realize it) a song called "Going North" by my good buddy Missy. This is also another one of my favorite songs and probably a bit more relevant this summer. So I was singing the song to myself when I realized the new title of my blog! well…the working title, it seems a but long right now that I go to type it out but, here it goes; "So goodbye for a while I'm off to explore every boundary and every door, yea i'm going north." Dang, that really is long, so maybe it will only be half of that or a quarter or something, haha. Anywho, now that I have written a mini novel and bored everyone half to death (anyone still out there?!) I guess I should hit the hay. It is now 2:11, but that isn't too bad, call time isn't till 10, the fair opens at 11. I'm expecting it to be another wonderful day. OH, I forgot something! The british are coming the british are coming!! Aparantly William and Kate either are here or are coming tomorrow. Well, I know I won't see them, but i think they are going to some rodeo thing and might partake in the little parade that goes around the fairgrounds. I'm not really one that follows the royal family all to much but, i still thought it was worth mentioning, haha. Ok noooow I guess I am done. Have a lovely day everyone! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...