Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Monday July 11, 2011

So who believes these hypnotists and their acts are real? I'm still trying to figure this out. After everything was settled and cleared away in the office this morning Buni and I went to go check out the booths and whatnot in the building. On the way there though, there was this guy on stage doing a little hypnotist act…or whatever you want to call it. We walked up somewhat towards the end I think while the handful of people he brought up on stage were already in their trance. He would just have them sit there, talk to one of them, make a popping noise, touch their head and they were out until he said wake up….and so goes the whole hypnotizing act. I mean, it was pretty funny, but it is just crazy to believe he could just get people to do that by talking to them in their deep sleep (or whatever their trance is called.) I kinda just want someone to try it on my for like, a minute to see if it actually works (or someone i know, haha.) But anyway, we were able to get into the building just before a little shower broke out outside. Just the basic carnival/fair booths in there, some interesting some not. Although today was the day…my cookie stand was in there and I got me some cookies! They were darn good too! Still hot and everything, mmm, mmm. Today was also the first time I had finally tried poutine. (or however you spell it) It is such a big thing up here, they have it at burger king, dairy queen, restaurants, all over the fair. It looked like something I wouldn't enjoy (although I do like gravy and cheese…and everyone knows I love my fries, so i have no idea why I wouldn't think I would like it.) So anyway, we got that too and I actually really enjoyed it! After walking around/browsing for a while, it was back to the office to collect and count aprons the rest of the night. It drizzled again and of course gets cold at night so wasn't so packed a couple hours before closing…which makes for easier/quicker apron counting. Anyway, so now i'm back all clean and relaxed in bed just listening to some Ginny Owens (well, I paused it so i could finish writing this because I wanted to concentrate on this and then be able to sing along (sometimes i'm not so great at multi-tasking, haha) Anyway, i've been listening to a cd of hers since getting back and I almost forgot how much i loved and listened to this cd as a kid. good stuff. good stuff. Alrighty well, I guess that is from me. Other than the fact that my new favorite show returned tonight so I will hopefully be able to catch it online tomorrow!! Rizzoli and Isles, great show!!! If you are reading and have never heard of it or seen it, you should. Season 2 just started on TNT on Monday nights. Ok noooow I guess i'm done, haha. Gotta get back to some of that Ginny Owens! Until tomorrow night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retroactive Reviews

Tonight I was on Youtube watching a show and when it ended, for some reason, on the home screen was my face.....from 2012. How did THAT get ...